Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Aunt Sally

Saturday they had a village get together in the orchard. There was a hog roast and the orchard was full of games for all the family. One of the games was Aunt Sally. Unless you're local to Oxfordshire (or parts of the Buckinghamshire borders) you probably won't have come across this game. I don't know all the rules or terminology but the white thing on the stand is the dolly and you have to throw the sticks to knock it off. This game features in many pubs and they have Aunt Sally leagues. Some serious players even make and use their own sticks.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a nice get together. Great for people with kids as there was so much for them to do. It got me away from painting the summer house and I think I needed the break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)