Friday, 23 July 2010

Favourite things Friday!: Fire Eating

At the moment my world is all about Hexagons. But keep reading posts about how I got some more fabric, basted some more hexies, pieced some more hexies... might get a bit boring. So today is Friday and I've declared it Favourite things Fridays! (Or a chance for me to blog about totally random things I like.)

I belong to an activities club called Spice It's a chance to try something new and meet new fun people while you are doing it. My favourite event so far has been fire eating. Probably because I don't think of myself as a very brave sort of person and hey putting fire in your mouth has to be a bit brave doesn't it?

The pics of me fire eating were not that great. I didn't have the best technique and I found it hard to find my mouth (!) Also when you have a camera you mean to take pics, but seeing people fire eat is just so WOW! that you tend to forget to take pictures and just watch!

On the other hand fire breathing was more my thing...


I can even do fire faces...


(Just don't try this at home folks! We had a full day of training before we were allowed to do the dangerous stuff!)

6 comments:

  1. Jeepers that is soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I confess I have the fire brands but haven't tried it at home since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! That is so awesome! That is now on my list of things to do.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. If any of you get a chance to do this then you really should. It's a bit scary (before you do it) but with the right teacher it's an incredible confidence builder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)