Friday, 27 August 2010

Busy, Busy Me as the Long weekend starts...

Last night started off with a fun night out with a group of Bookcrossing girlies. We met in a pub in Oxford, had a nice meal, a chat, swapped books and talked about things we'd been reading and things we want to be reading. We had a great book swap game and I ended up with: "Random Acts of Heroic Love" by Danny Scheinmann, which I'm really looking forward to reading.

Today I had the day off from work and my Mum and I took ourselves off to the Chiltern Craft Fair at Stonor. It's a craft fair I try and get to every year because they have a large selection of different crafts with a good mix of old favourites and new sellers each year. It was looking like we were in for more rain so I didn't bother carting my camera there. I was quite restrained too. I did a little bit of Christmas shopping, bought myself a couple of pairs of earrings (because a girl can't have too many) and also watched an interesting demonstration on how dichroic glass gets fused. I'm home but tired.

I may start reading one of the books I picked up last night...


...or I may start cutting 5" squares out of my newly acquired Mendocino stash. I've decided to make a disappearing nine patch quilt with it and maybe applique a turtle on top because I have a bit of a turtle thing going on right now.

2 comments:

  1. Your book crossing and flea market sounds fun.

    I love fusing glass. Hoping it is something I can set up one day!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the disappearing 9 patch!!! That is going to look great. I am cuddled up under my HR quilt now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)