Friday, 13 August 2010

Favourite things Friday: - BookCrossing

BookCrossing - Because books just want to be free...



I was introduced to BookCrossing back in 2005. It's a wonderful initiative that lets you register books on a website so you can keep track of where they go in the future. Ok, that's the simplified version. If you go to the website you can find out more. And I urge you to do so - even if you don't think it's going to be for you!

Why is BookCrossing one of my favourite things? That's what this blog entry is really about. BookCrossing has an active community both online and off; with BookCrossers regularly meeting up all over the globe to catch up with like minded people who share a passion for books and reading. Through BookCrossing I've discovered new books and authors that I'd probably never heard of without BookCrossing. You can swap books with other BookCrossers - we're a friendly bunch. There are also RABCK's too - Random act's of bookcrossing kindness whereby members will surprise other members with a book they might like to read - just because.

It's so fun when you release a book and get a "catch."

A themed release - a wild book on a church wall



Me and some other BookCrossers at a meet up playing the Book Swap Game.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)