Saturday, 7 August 2010

Quilting begins!

Yes, I know I said I'd wait for it to get cooler before I decided to start quilting. Having basted the quilt last night I couldn't wait to get started on the quilting (hmmm anything to delay the boring housework!)

I may go a little quiet from here on in. I am itching to get started on a million other projects - BUT I want to finish this one more!

So here are some yummy close ups of parts of the basted quilt. Those of you that were kind enough to raid your stash to donate or swap with me can grab yourself a cuppa and play spot the swapped hexie.





5 comments:

  1. Have fun!!! It is going to be beautiful!
    I'm getting ready to seriously think about maybe really starting to sew mine together.... one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's looking so georgeous!

    i managed to spot 3 which were definalty from my stash - old kids pink paisly pjs, red star fabric and retro 1980s green floral quilting fabric... and i think i spotted another 2 probable ones... what fun!

    good luck with the quilting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually enjoying the quilting - although with a holiday looming I've already got a bit side tracked ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an INSPIRATION! I have only just started on the Hexie addiction but seeing your gorgeous quilt will be something that keeps me going on!
    Please keep blogging about the quilting bit I would be really interested to see how you do this.
    Enjoy what you are doing today!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color progression on this! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)