Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Some where beneath the sea....

I got home from work to these goodies in the mail. *squeals*




When I received my order of Heather Ross Mendocino fat quarters recently I loved it so much I went back to the Etsy shop and ordered another bundle in gold...she had this great: 'having a break from the shop' postage rate so the next day I ordered a near duplication of the first order too (that arrived when I was on holiday - a lovely surprise to return home too!) The other goodies to arrive were the tiny glass bottles. I think my pre holiday mind had been focused on the seaside as these bottles remind me of 'message in a bottle' bottles. I've got a few ideas of things to do with them. But really they were a bought on a bit of a whim. Aren't they cute?

Ok, so now's the time to look away if you don't want to see some holiday snaps...you've been warned ;-)

The following pics were taking on this years trip to the Bournemouth Oceanarium. Sea life is just so inspiring!











I just love both these turtles. I'm thinking maybe some turtle applique on top of the quilt I use the Mendocino in?



3 comments:

  1. The fabric is great and the photos are fun..

    My daughter did a sea turtle appliqué on a quilt that turned out really lovely

    http://insanely-crafty.blogspot.com/2010/07/baby-macs-quilt.html

    I think it would be very cool to do that on the Mendocino fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out the link - it's fab! I didn't realise that was your daughter! I favourited her peacock quilt over on Flickr! (Which I *Loved* and could sit and look at all day!) What a talented family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)