Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Taaaa Dah!



See I've finished the piecing. I was going to baste the quilt today, ready for quilting, but I've had quite and eventful day. The good bit was my other half had a few hours off from his exercise, so came and spent them with me this afternoon. The bad bit was waking up at 1.30am this morning with a really itchy ankle (something bit me a couple of weeks ago. Only it hadn't really been a problem until now.) I went to the chemist to get something to relieve the itching and she said I needed to go to the doctors. I am now on antibiotics and have a Biro tide-mark around the infection. If it spreads beyond that I have to go straight back to the doctors. It probably explains while I've been feeling so grotty and sleepy the last couple of days.

So for now here's another pic of the quilt top. (I'll get more with detail another day.)


This is a picture of my festering foot. Those of a sensitive nature may choose to look away now...

4 comments:

  1. Poor you - get well soon - that biro mark looks nasty...quilt looks fabulous though

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, the quilt is absolutely fantastic. I am totally copying you!! Except that some of my fabrics will be different. =)

    So sorry about your ankle! Take care of that, seriously, no putting off going to the Dr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I can't wait to get it properly finished so I can use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a terrific job on your hexagon quilt. It has been so much fun watching it take shape.

    I sure hope your ankle improves soon.

    blessings,
    jilly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)