Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Probably the worse half hour of my entire life...

Thanks to everyone who has been passing on their kind wishes regarding the dental surgery which went ahead yesterday. Up until the very last minute I kept hoping they'd say it wasn't required. (Well they do say Denial is not just a river in Egypt.)

I'm going to spare you the gory details (I kept my eyes shut for most of it anyway!)I have to say that whilst it was more uncomfortable than painful and the surgeon and nurse were fantastic; it's officially the worse half hour of my entire life.

I now look like I should be on one of those documentaries about when Botox goes Bad. (Again I won't scare you with pictures...)

Prior to surgery I went on a little online fabric retail therapy. I think it started way back before my holiday with that Mendocino stash building. I'd sort of said by last weekend I'd only buy fabric and supplies I needed for projects in hand. Then I noticed that Fabric Rehab had got their emergency stash busting budget bundles back in stock and some really nice linen fabric that I thought would be great for some cushion backs.

I only ordered the goodies at the weekend and this is what arrived today!

Duck egg and gooseberry linen...



These two pics are of 3 of the stash busting packs taken from either end of my ironing board. Such a yummy selection of scraps and at only £2 per bundle which yields about a fat quarter (they say, I say more).




You can see why they sell out so quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through!

    Love! all the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your dental nightmare. hope it's all better now.

    eek! those ice cream cones are brilliant! i've already bought 5 bundles on the second release... but might go have a quick look see now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)