Sunday, 5 September 2010

Weekend Wonders

How was your weekend and what have you been up to? I got home from work on Friday to find my final Mendocino order had arrived - 10 Fat quarters. I am looking forward to cutting into this to continue my disappearing nine patch blocks. I'm also looking forward to having some left over to mix in with other projects. I will not buy any more Mendocino, I will not buy any more Mendocino...if I keep saying that it must be true eh?


Friday night I whipped up this for my other half. When he came to my brothers 25th Wedding Anniversary Party back in July he bought his magic tricks with him but had nothing suitable to put them in. I managed to find a gift bag but thought it would be fun to have a bag that did double duty for magic for any occasion. When he's on exercise he can use the camo side and when he's at mess do's he can use the sparkly side. You can't really tell from the photos but the black side has sort of gold holographic dots printed on it. I hope he likes it anyway.

Saturday I went to visit a friend in her new home. She's got the small ground floor flat in a larger property in the middle of the woods in the Chilterns. We had a walk in her back garden which looks like this...



It's a pretty idyllic place to live for someone who likes wildlife and being away from it all so I hope she'll be very happy there. I've got a project in mind for her - more details once I've gained some measurements and got underway. We had lunch at a pub nearby and enjoyed this view.



In the evening I was off to another silver wedding anniversary party. I was the 'official photographer'. I'm not a professional photographer so I hope their expectations weren't too high and they like the pictures I did take. This is a fun one of me and my big brother.



My other half was going to the party, however, yesterday morning he hurt his back and there was no way he could make it down to the party. Of course now I have no idea when I'll see him as his back may take some time to heal and he's got a lot on with work. :-(

Sunday I'm chilling and catching up on chores. I just found out who my partner is in the scrappy pincushion swap over on Flickr. This is the first time I've taken part in a swap for finished items and I'm quite excited. I've had fun *stalking* my partner to see the type of things they like. I am full of ideas and can't wait to get started so may start sketching and selecting some fabric scraps later.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)