Friday, 8 October 2010

Favourite Things Friday: Fly A Bird Of Prey Experience

I love birds. I really love birds of prey. A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to spend half a day holding and flying a selection of beautiful birds of prey. It was a freezing cold day in the village of South Moreton, Oxfordshire. I had an abscess on my tooth so couldn't eat or talk properly. In spite all this I had a fantastic time and would love to get to fly some birds of prey again sometime.

This is me holding a Kestrel. We often see these birds in the wild hovering in a field.




This beauty is a Harris Hawk.



Here I'm flying Boo a European Eagle Owl. You need a support for your arm because these birds are big and quite heavy.



Twit-woo you have to love an owl like this don't you? (Let's ignore the fact I look so tired and drawn from tooth ache!)



This is me with a Harris Hawk...



...who I snapped while she was on my arm - I think I got her best side. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)