Sunday, 10 October 2010

A Little Diversion

One of the plus sides to having a new laptop is all the storage space on the HD which means I have been able to upload all my digital pics and not have them sat on a PC and a portable hard drive. You may not see this as a plus when I start blogging about half of them on here. (evil grin.) The fact is I don't have much creative to share with you. I am still quilting my hexie quilt; do you really want me to blog about that every time, maybe with the odd picture of me sat on the sofa with it all bunched up around me? The fact is I just don't feel too well these days. I spent most of the night coughing and this morning I fell *blurgh* with a sore upper back and chest. I just hope this isn't the start of a chest infection as I'm away next weekend on a little adventure.

Lets look on the bright side for now though and enjoy a trip I had a few years ago to Westonbirt Arboretum. It really is a beautiful place. If you go at the right time of year there are the most wonderful autumn colours to enjoy.




I just love the arterial look of the branches and the photo doesn't do the colours justice.







There were lots of visitors the day we went and more dog walkers than I have seen in my entire life with the most amazing selection of dog breeds too! (Not what you need to be seeing when you'd really like a dog but just don't have the lifestyle.)







I looked for fairies - I didn't spot any though.



This is a knitted cocoon. According to the blurb this was a community arts project that toured around various places in England. Over 150 people had left messages on the beads giving away things they didn't want. The tradition of leaving things in trees to heal the mind and body dates back over 3000 years and is widespread across the Mediterranean and parts of the Arabian Peninsula. The cocoon is a powerful symbol of renewal and change and is the stage a caterpillar goes through in order to become a butterfly. All the materials used are biodegradable and no harm will come to the tree.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos! Westonbirt is beautiful in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, Westonbirt is beautiful in the Autumn. I'd love to go back there. So many different trees - such an inspirational place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, the mushroom is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day out! The trees are gorgeous and I love that mushroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)