Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Wales Weekend Part 1

I was hoping today to be able to blog about the flannel and voile circle scarf I made yesterday afternoon, but I need to get some pictures for that. Of course as I need to model the scarf, so you can actually see it's a scarf and not just some random pile of fabric, I am finding it difficult to be both the model and the photographer. So I thought I'd share with you part of my trip to Wales last weekend.

I had never been to Wales before. I was told to expect constant rain and drizzle and it to be colder and greyer than England. Well that was not our experience. Despite some cloud on the way down the weather was fantastic - warm (unseasonal) temps and blue skies. We stopped off in the Brecon Beacons for lunch and this was the view from the car park.



We were staying in Tenby which is on the coast in South Pembrokeshire. Once we'd settled in we explored the town and had a walk on the south beach. There were so many inspiring things to photograph. I loved the terrace of higglety-pigglety houses painted in pastel colours that surround the quayside. I think they could inspire a really interesting house quilt. Sorry some of the pictures are a bit dark. I have no photo editing software on the new laptop at the moment.








1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)