Monday, 29 November 2010

I think she may need this...



There is no snow here at the moment. I don't know how long that will last. It's certainly very very cold and a flannel scarf seems a very useful, snuggly present. So I made this one to tuck in the stocking I've made my niece. Ordering fabric online is not always easy. When you are judging a design on about an inch square of fabric sample and can only hope the colours showing on your monitor, bear at least some resemblance to what will turn up, it is easy to make mistakes. This fabric ended up looking a little more babyish than I'd imagined. So I'm hoping that my 10 year old niece thinks this is cute and this gift doesn't reconcile me to the ranks of one of *those* old aunties that gets it wrong. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Well, my eight-and-a-half year old thinks it's uber cool. So you could be a cool and groovy auntie yet! It's very sweet - I'd wear it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)