Saturday, 13 November 2010

Mug Rug Practice

I haven't been blogging so much lately. Partly because I've not been taking any pictures of anything. I have finished quilting the lap quilt for mum and sewn the binding on with the machine along the front edge. I just have to sew down the back by hand. No pics at the moment. It looks more like a baby quilt now so it's a good job she's small! ;-)

I am taking part in round two for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap over on Flickr and last night I made a practice mug rug. I just grabbed some scraps of fabric I had to hand, sewed them together - a bit randomly and voila a mug rug. I am not so happy with the binding. But it did give me some binding practice of a small sized item.



There are so many wonderful mug rugs in the group pool it's a bit mesmerising. I'm struggling to come up with a final design. I had thought of something with a pieced Christmas tree but it seems that so many people have gone down that route. I haven't noticed my partner comment on any of the mug rugs posted so far so I'm not getting any extra hints that way either!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)