Sunday, 28 November 2010

Sneaky Peek and why I don't like winter...



I can't show you much of what I've been doing creatively this weekend for fear of who might stumble across this blog. Which may be a little paranoid given I'm not sure how many people that know me actually read this.

If you are someone who knows me you will know I don't like winter. The novelty of snow wears thin quickly when you live in a country that grinds to a halt the minute the white stuff hits the ground. Thank fully there is none where I live at the moment. I don't know how much longer that will last. I don't really like the cold. I am only small. Wrapping up to keep warm in sub zero temperatures I look like a refugee about to flee her homeland wearing all the clothes she owns. Really I want to be wearing shorts, light cotton skirts and vest tops. I hate having to scrape ice of my car wind shield then have to deal with frozen locks, only to get into the car to find the inside is iced up too. Everyone seems coldy and germy throughout winter and the days are long and grey. Still looking on the bright side it provides more time for crafting so hopefully I should pick up on the crafty blogging front over the next few weeks, I'm already planning some summer skirt making...now if I can just take pictures that don't look like I take them in a dark cupboard...

2 comments:

  1. I know the problem- no snow here but bitter cold, I am pretty thin too so feel it in hands and toes- cashmere and sheepskin, the only things that really work, wheat bags too. I am layered up, I could be quilted there are so many thicknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just mentioned everything I don't like about a long winter!! I can handle it for a short while, I love looking at the snow but unless I get to ski and have a big fireplace and do not under any circumstances have to go out to work in the snow, I just can't handle it for very long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)