Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Yes, lightening does strike twice in the same place...

Remember me? I haven't been having a great time of it lately so I've not been on here blogging. Life and the not so pleasant parts of it have been getting in the way, so I haven't made the effort to get on here just for the sake of it. But today I have something fabulous to share with you all.

I have been feeling unwell and am all behind with my Christmas preparations. All my good intentions to make lots of goodies for people, are unlikely to get made this year. At the weekend I went online and did some Christmas shopping that way. So when the post woman knocked on the door this afternoon and handed me several parcels I just assumed some ordered goodies were turning up.

Then when I saw this I began to wonder. The only fabric I have ordered lately came yesterday - so who else would be sending me a package and sticking a little fabric tag on the envelope? I have signed up to round two of the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap over on flickr. Could it be that my mug rug had arrived? When I opened it and saw this:



I think I did one of those happy screams (you know the kind that make everyone around you jump?). I spent ages just looking at this because I couldn't quite believe (from what I could see) that I had got one of my favourite mug rugs in the whole swap. I have to confess when I saw this in the pool I loved and wanted it, but after I got such a fantastic pin cushion in the scrappy pincushion swap I thought there is no way that lightening will strike twice. No way, surely, I would get another favourite? Well it does and I am so grateful for that!

When I unwrapped the unusual tape measure ribbon there was the lovely mug rug made by verrykerryberry and a roll of charms tied up with ribbon.



Just when I thought I couldn't get any luckier I found this box still in the envelope!

Inside was this...

...which I've never seen before - doesn't it look yummy?

So this was the lovely package of goodies I got - and thank you again to the lovely Kerry! xox



Here it is again with the reverse of the mug rug! And now I need to go and gather my own partner's mug rug and goodies together; which I intend posting tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing when you receive something you recognise? This happened to me in the last Doll Quilt Swap - I am well acquainted with that happy squeal!! I have no idea how you'd even start piecing a teapot so I am well impressed with your loot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see it in your home x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool gift!! Glad you got something so fun and lovely when you weren't feeling so well. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Jan i'm so pleased for you! Kerry is such a nice person (we've swapped stuff before), and i'm so glad you recieved one you really loved. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)