Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Advent 14: More random stuff.

In the on going saga of what will break in my house next (well, we've had the oven, kettle, bathroom tap and the shower malfunction in the last few weeks.), today was the turn of sitting room electrics. Thankfully my brother has sorted the problem. A faulty dimmer switch. He's replaced it with regular switches and the only kind he could get 'off the shelf' to fit the existing switch set up means I have a random spare switch. I am not going to bore you with photographs of said switch. (Sighs of relief all round).


I am actually busting to tell you about the goodies I just scored from an Etsy seller. I'd not bought from this lovely lady before and I'd really like to tell you all about her goodies, but as some are destined for pressies this will be yet another thing I will tell you about after Christmas day. Unfortunately with the package came my first experience of custom charges. Which is pretty amazing given the amounts of fabric I buy from the US. Normally I am very careful not to go over the £18 cut off point for customs VAT to kick in. But this order came to a few pounds more than this and I got a charge for over half the value of the goods - yes the Royal Mail handling fee of £8 is just plain silly - but I don't need to tell that to anyone reading the blog, that has been caught out buying fabric abroad, do I?

Anyway, I am planning lots of new projects for 2011 - one is a bird related lap quilt. I just can't work out what design to do. I'm sort of drawn to another disappearing nine patch, as I want to use all kinds of birdie fabrics I've collected - including some scraps. A log cabin type design is also appealing. Anyone have any suggestions?

In the mean time though I'm going to snuggle up and do some light reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)