Thursday, 2 December 2010

Advent 2: An explanation and body-less santa in a box

I thought it might be fun to see if I could blog every day until Christmas. Like an online advent calendar. Yesterday was sort of easy because I went down the Wordless Wednesday route - but that picture really needs some explanation. I'll spare you the long version. The short version is removing my built in cooker to replace the fan element, which broke the other week, we discovered the damp problem we thought we'd contained, is not quite so contained as we'd hoped :-(



This is one of the oldest decorations we have. I used to find it slightly creepy - after all someone put Santa's head in plastic box and obviously didn't think that was at all wrong . I think nan bought it for my brother - long before I was born. It probably came from somewhere like Woolworths and it's now a little worse for wear. Each year we buy a new decoration to add to the ones we already have. Not all the decorations get put on the tree and if some get broken or deteriorate beyond all hope they get replaced by newer ones. I almost didn't bother putting a tree up last year. I can't remember why - I think I'd been ill right before Christmas - my niece who normally comes round to help couldn't and it seemed like too much effort. I am sort of feeling the same this year. Is it really worth the effort of putting a big tree up?

1 comment:

  1. I've felt the same way about decorating for the last oh... 5 years. I used to be extravagant. I am trying to get some done but if I wait too much longer it won't be worth the effort!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)