Monday, 20 December 2010

Advent 20: What a start to the day!




This was the sight from my gate this morning while I waited for a colleague to pick me up from work. The camera I had with me at the time didn't do it justice. Oxfordshire, where I live is one of the worse effected places. That is unusual as even when we've had it bad it's always been far worse somewhere else. Plans are being cancelled. People are snowed in. I am still feeling the after effects of the flu. I could sit here and tell you all about the bad things. But you know what? I'm really lucky. I have heat. I have light. I have food. I dread to think what it's like for homeless people this season. Keep safe. Keep warm. Make stuff. Above all be happy.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely sentiment, dearheart, you stay warm too. I hope the flu passes completely and that you have a happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how snowed in you are!!! That is a beautiful photo! Thanks for your positive outlook. We need to remember how fortunate we are more often.

    Stay warm, have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)