Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Advent 21: A productive afternoon


When I got home from work I had another making session. I had an idea in my head. It didn't work out quite as I'd wanted. Mainly because I just jumped straight in making it up as I went along. I should have sketched it out and planned each stage more carefully. As no sooner had I completed the next stage I'd realise that there was something else I should have done the stage before! I could have done lots of unpicking, but I decided to just go with it and maybe try again another time to perfect the design.

Incase you're wondering what it is (!). It's a giant brew kit for my other half. Think an over sized tri-fold, tea wallet. Whenever he (or we) go away he always complains there are not enough beverages on the tray in the hotel. So here is a very well stocked brew kit, full of goodies.

The council gritters finally made it down our hill today. We're on a minor road (not minor for the residents of this village trying to get somewhere). But certainly minor in the schemes of gritting. Normally, if we get any grit it's right when the snow is going anyway. Unfortunately there is a big snow and slush mound at the end of my drive where it meets the road so I'm not sure I'll be going out in my little car tomorrow.

I didn't need to go to a bricks and mortar shop to indulge in a little fabric buying earlier. As I got tempted at Seamstar. Check out their blog for a great give away and some tempting fabric goodness ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Very clever. I am always wanting more for tea and stuff at hotels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea!! Love the camo, too. *g* And I just adore Seamstar.......and I have a Christmas bonus. Woop!!

    Have a lovely Christmas, wontcha? xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)