Saturday, 1 January 2011

The End is Nigh and Some New Beginnings.


I've spent the day working on the binding for my hexie quilt. I've sewn the binding strips for the two longest edges and am working on one of the shorter ends. When this is finished I'll just have the label to do and maybe wash it - keeping my fingers crossed for no colour runs. Then Ta-da! One finished - entirely hand sewn - hexie charm quilt. If you fancy finishing your hexie quilt like mine Badskirt has a useful tutorial here

I've got lots of ideas about other projects for 2011. I think 2011 could be the best sewing and creative year ever. One of the things I'm really keen to work on is learning different techniques. I don't class myself as a beginner. Having said that there are things that still scare me a bit - like anything with circles and *that* paper piecing. Not English paper piecing which I can do in my sleep. I'm referring to that paper piecing done on a machine, in reverse and upside down (or that's how it looks to me) - and yes, I've read some very good tutorials; even watched step by step demonstrations on you tube and I can't quite get my head round it.

Ps. When my hexie quilt is finished I'm having that giveaway to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Having just had a colour run nightmare I receommend you get some colour catcher sheets- I have been washing all my reds and red and white and I am amazed at the colours coming out at 30 degrees quickwash with non bio. I love paper piecing- easiest thing is to buy a roll of Reynolds freezer paper- life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)