Thursday, 6 January 2011

A little distracted

The first week of the year has been busier than I anticipated. The only sewing I've been doing is towards finishing my hexie quilt. I have joined a couple of swaps over on flickr. Both could end up lotteries, depending on the number of people signing up, so I could be in two swaps or none. I've been hanging out with both groups looking for inspiration and am bursting with ideas so I think after my hexie quilt I'll be focusing on some 'small projects'. I had hoped to get started on a new project this week. Then I started a new book and got distracted.



This is the second book by R J Ellory I've read. Roger Ellory is another author I have met through book crossing; when he came to a meet up and gave a talk about his work and sign books. (A different dedication in every book!) The thing I like best about R J Ellory's books are the layers and the characters. He creates credible characters and makes you care about them - even if they are sometimes criminals. There is something compelling about his books which draw you in and make it hard for you to put them down. So if you haven't read any of his books and you like a good thriller why not check them out and see if they are for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)