Monday, 28 February 2011

Liebster Award

Yay! Last night I was given an award.  No, not an Oscar - which were also awarded last night. Something even better - well to me anyway! A Liebster Blog award.   I've seen quite a few of the blogs I follow get a Liebster Award recently. I've been really pleased for them because everyone of them has had relatively low follower numbers yet they write great blogs; which I enjoy reading. I didn't think that anyone would nominate me for the Liebster Blog award, but yesterday I discovered that Reene of Nellie's Niceties had! Thank you! :-)


There are a few rules to accepting an award and one of those is that I have to nominate 3 -5 blogs that I think should get an award.  So here goes - here are my nominations. All of them have under 100 followers and all of them are blogs I read regularly and enjoy.

First up is:  Corinnea's Chaos.  I met Corinnea over on Flickr back before I blogged. Corinnea inspired me to want to try and make clothes (after years ago saying: 'never again'.) Her blog is a mix of all the different things she makes with other stuff thrown in. Including some very gorgeous pictures of her grandson (often modelling the goodies she or other members of her family have made for him - there is a lot of talent in that family - as you'll discover if you start reading her blog!)

Second up is: Domestic Light and Magic.  Lynz blogs about her quilty projects and other stuff going on in her world. Like a lot of my favourite blogs to read, I like them when the focus on a range of stuff, not just purely quilting.

Last up is a blog I've only been following for a few months: Little Island in the Med. Clare is a quilter too. Her blog is a bit of an online photo diary and she takes great pictures. 

None of these blogs focus on quilting and quilting alone so when I settle down to read them it feels like I'm catching up with friends not just seeing what people make. Maybe I'm just a nosy parker that likes reading about other peoples life styles - especially if their are some lovely photos thrown in too?

Best go let the people know I've nominated them now...

Rules:


1) If you are tagged, and you want to accept, then create a post on your blog and add the Liebster blog pic.2) Link back to the person who gave you the award and say if you accept. 3) Choose 3-5 of your favourite blogs to tag, link these in your post too and tell the lucky people they have been tagged.The aim of this award is to bring unknown good blogs to light, (less than 50 Followers is ideal), therefore, please don't tag somebody with 3000 followers!



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your Liebster! Isn't it a fun award you get to share all the bloggy love, I really like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the nicest people that I have yet to meet. Thank you for the kind words here and on my blog. I always enjoy seeing what you have going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)