Sunday, 27 February 2011

Sunday check in...

It's been a bit of a crazy week. I got my Internet back working on Monday - they actually fixed it over the weekend, but had changed my passwords when it wasn't working - in the hope that was the problem. Only they told me the wrong password...I got so fed up with the ISP I decided to switch. My new account is due to go live on Wednesday. I hope it goes smoothly and I'm only without service for a couple of hours.  I used to have a 40Gb download allowance, but this new provider is giving me a 10Gb allowance. I hope that's enough. I don't download music or films and rarely use iplayer. But I do upload a lot of photos from time to time and spend a fair bit of time on the web: reading blogs and browsing on flickr. So I'll have to see how that one goes.

When I was driving home from work on Monday lunch time the brakes on my car failed without warning. I had no warning light so it was a bit of a shock to be driving along and find pressing the brake pedal to the floor wasn't stopping the car! I have the car back with fixed rear brakes (both had bled out) and a lot less money in my pocket. So I've decided that, even though I do very few miles a year, driving a 14 year old car is now uneconomical and I want something more up to date. So next week I'm off looking for new-to-me cars with my brother.  I'm kind of excited.



It was a nice surprise to come home from work one day last week and find my parcel for Round 3 of The Scrappy Mug Rug Swap! I got this lovely mug rug and loot from edyB1 The tea fairy is embroidered and the quilting on the mug rug is done in a lovely variegated thread. Some of the fabric she used has quotations on it. I need to get another shot of this mug rug up close so you can see all the detailing.

 I've  finished the pincushion for round 3 of Scrappy Pincushion Swap. It's going in the post tomorrow so I hope my partner likes it! 

I have almost finished my quilt for DQS 10. I've decided to add a little bit more detailing on the front and the back. The back is too boring, so I'm thinking some hexies sprinkled about are the answer.  I've started thinking about, and gathering a few extras together for the parcel too. Everyone likes a few extra goodies don't they?

It was my mum's birthday yesterday. We went over to my brothers for a lovely meal. Today, I've been doing a few chores and reading my book! I'm hoping next week will not be so dramatic...or costly!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you're back in communications :)Scary with the brakes, good job you didn't have an accident! You're goodies look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are on the upside of things this week!

    Lovely swap goodies and your pin cushion is going to be well loved by your partner I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad your fine!
    fun swap stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)