Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Doll Quilt Swap Round 10 - I got my lovely quilt!

I got home from work today to find I'd received my quilt in round 10 of Doll Quilt Swap.


This beauty was sent to me by Nichol of HardyPartyof5 over on Flickr.

Nichol did a great job of stalking me because she picked up on my liking for quilts that tell a story, fabric in happy colours, a love of the countryside, trees, birds and little houses. 


My photography skills and the light today just don't do this justice. There are just so many wonderful little details - like those mini quilts flip over on the ric rac washing line.  The quilting is lovely too! I like to imagine who might live in this little house. I wonder if they've been spring cleaning and have put their best quilts out on the line?

 I think one of my favourite details are the leaves on the tree.


I love the leaves for two reasons. They are attached by quilting of the veins, giving them a lovely fluttery effect.  Some of them are made from a really cute birdie fabric, so you get the impression that their are birds sat in the tree!


Nichol was kind enough to include some extras - the crane on the mug rug has quilted wings.

I have had so much fun with the DQS and am looking forward to my partner receiving the quilt I made for them.


If you want to check out the other lovely things that Nichol makes you can check her blog out here 

6 comments:

Kerry said...

what a great quilt, the bird print for the leaves has a lovely effect!

Lynz said...

I know Nic! She took my Dad fabric shopping in Vegas last year! That is such a lovely wee quilt. You're a lucky girl!!

VivJM said...

Oh, that is such a lovely little quilt. I can see from your face how pleased you are with it!

Nellie's Niceties said...

Yay! It's lovely! Just perfect for you :)

Corinnea said...

That's a lovely quilt! What a nice gift!

Jessica said...

It's lovely! How fun I need to do a swap someday it sounds like it would be fun!