Saturday, 19 March 2011

Spring has sprung

I saw a yellow butterfly flapping about in the garden today and countless bumble bees. It was gloriously sunny and there was a bright blue sky in all directions. I'm thinking spring has sprung. Unfortunately I couldn't take this snap until the best of the sun had gone (due to the fact I was still piecing it!). 


I found some Momo Freebird fabric on sale in the UK. So I've ordered some of that for the back. I think this makes a nice spring quilt.  I'm going to keep the quilting simple.

My brother is going to make me a couple of raised beds for me to grow vegetables.  I'm really excited about it. I grew a few bits and pieces in tubs last year. I really long for a dedicated veggie area. I've been trawling through books and looking at seed packets deciding what to plant. I'm most looking forward to harvesting what I grow and cooking with it...well who wouldn't eh?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It truly is a spring quilt. Gorgeous!

    I have been busy planting my first garden in years! I already have stuff popping out of the ground! Look forward to seeing your progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt! You keep busting them out! I wish I could do that! Can't wait to see your garden Mums is awesome! I can't wait to steal her veggies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)