Monday, 25 April 2011

Bluebells - Good Friday Fun!


For at least five generations members of my mothers family have been walking the five fields behind our house to a local wood where they would gather spring flowers or other goodies depending on the season. Whilst these days we do not pick the flowers, we still like to walk to the woods to see the bluebells, which have been unusually early this year.  Easter has been late so we took our yearly walk at bluebell time on Good Friday. Again it was glorious sunshine, not typical of April weather. I can never take decent bluebell pictures as I can never get the light and camera settings right to do them justice. Of course no photograph highlights the gorgeous smell that often hits you the field before the woods, if the wind is blowing in the right direction.  

They say England has some of the best displays of bluebells you'll find anywhere else in the world.  I will eventually upload more pictures of our walk to flickr. I have a back log of photos from the last few days to sort and upload.

2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful. I wish I could see it in person! I happened on a field of forget-me-nots once in Germany. Had no camera. It was beyond lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, just found you via Brit quilt, and thought I'd say Hi cos a) I think the hexagons are gorgeous and b)Oxfordshire is my part of the world! Mum and Dad still live in North Moreton, is that anywhere near you? Know any good quilt shops that I could persuade them to go to for me?! Ceri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)