Wednesday, 13 April 2011

The Kitchen Garden

Kitchen Garden by isisjem22
Kitchen Garden, a photo by isisjem22 on Flickr.

When I'm feeling pretentious I'll call the Veg Patch: "The kitchen garden". Not content with shifting a tonne of soil for the beds, my brother also laid weed proof membrane and shifted about half a tonne of pea shingle for the paths around the beds.

I'm ridiculously proud of this little area and can't wait for it to start producing lovely goodies to eat and cook with.

As for sewing...hmmm the weather has been too nice to spend much time inside - although I've a burning urge to get back into some fibre art - the more traditional quilting may be taking a bit of a back seat at the moment!

2 comments:

  1. Your raised beds are so NEAT! I'm impressed.

    Look forward to seeing your adventures in fibre art ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)