Thursday, 12 May 2011

Until I can sew, at least I can read!

e-read by isisjem22
e-read, a photo by isisjem22 on Flickr.
As some of you know I've had a little break from sewing (and it's killing me, so much so I had to buy fabric. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.). But, whilst I can't get to my sewing machine, I've contented myself with another passion - reading. I've read so many good books over these last few weeks and I want to share with you the latest one, because I think some of you might like it too.

House of Silence by Linda Gillard. This book is really hard to put into one category. At the moment it's in the top five kindle romance books sold on Amazon UK.   However, this story has so much more to it than romance. There is mystery, intrigue, family saga and quite a lot of quilts mentioned.  Probably because one of Linda's passions (apart from writing novels) is quilting.  When she heard about my hexagon charm quilt project last year, she kindly donated some of her fabric scraps to help me finish it. I blogged about it here.

Back to House of Silence: I don't want to give too much of the plot away. But if you think you'd like a story containing an eccentric family with secrets, a rambling old country house and a mystery revealed through family letters stitched into a charm quilt; not to mention a couple of yummy leading men; then this might well be the book for you!

Now this book is only available for Kindle at the moment. Don't despair if like me you don't own an e-reader because in seconds you can download from Amazon: Kindle for PC - completely free. This book is also a mere £1.90. Or $3.17 if you're in the US.

1 comment:

  1. I bought it this morning! Thanks for the recommendation.

    How's your other half doing?? I realized I read that post at work and didn't comment... sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)