Monday, 23 May 2011

Hip Pip Hurrah!

Hip Pip Hurrah! by isisjem22
Hip Pip Hurrah!, a photo by isisjem22 on Flickr.
I ordered a charm pack of Sherbet Pips a month or so ago before yardage was really that widely available.  Today the fat quarter bundle I ordered on Etsy arrived in today's mail. 

I know this range was one of the things that people knocked in 'that' post. (You know the one that opened up the whole dumbing down in quilting debate?)  Well, I for one loved Pip's from the moment I saw the design. It did seem like it was being advertised everywhere for months before we could actually get our sticky-with-spray-baste-fingers on it.  

I like Pip's because it is cute without being all shouty novelty.  I like the fact the dot blender is actually little squares.  This range reminds me very much in style of Mendocino by Heather Ross and maybe that's why I like it. I like that there is a little story going on with the main prints. I like that it could easily be for us grown up girls as it could be for a child. I haven't settled on the design yet, but I want to make a quilt that I can snuggle under when the nights draw out and Christmas approaches. 

I've decided to put myself back on a fabric diet. Yes, I know that means I'll probably miss out on some Hideaway (the other range I am really coveting.) It's just I haven't been sewing that much over the last month and the last thing I want is to end up with more in my stash than I could ever make into quilts. So for the next little while I'll only be buying fabrics etc in order to finish up projects - ie materials for binding or backing quilts I make with my existing stash. 

3 comments:

  1. Oooooooo I love sherbet pips too! Those puppies are just too cute!I've got a layer caker cake and charm packing waiting for me to find the perfect pattern. I'm thinking about going on a fabric diet too. I think I might already have more fabric that I could ever use, but I keep buying more!
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a cute line. I was sorely tempted to get some but I am trying not to buy... I can't call it a diet or I will break my promise to myself for sure!
    Glad you got some so I can live vicariously through you! Hurry, make something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see 'that' post, but it looks very pretty to me - I rather like the dog one!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)