Sunday, 15 May 2011

The Malvern Spring Show 2011

Regular readers of this blog will know that gardening is one of my passions. I have for a number of years wanted to go to one of the Malvern Gardening Shows; which take place spring and autumn.   Yesterday was the first time I'd managed a trip there. If you've never been to a show like this before you can expect show gardens like this:


 
and stunning floral displays like this...
 
 
In the floral marquee you could buy many of the plants you see on display. Well, not the actual display ones but certainly the same varieties. 
 
Outside in the rest of the showground there were all manner of trade stands selling everything from luxury hot tubs to gardening gloves - and of course more plants. 
 
I am still deciding if it met my expectations. Mum had been several times in the past and she thought it was far busier than she'd remembered it being and not quite so easy to navigate around.  I'm sure we missed stuff.  Yes, I did buy a few plants and some veg' seeds.  I'll let you know how I get on with those in due course.
 
If you want to see more pictures from the show you can see them over in this set on flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that floral display is stunning! Look forward to seeing how you get on with your new plants and seeds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! What beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)