Thursday, 26 May 2011

Brit Quilt Progress and an Awwwww moment.

Progress so far. by isisjem22
Progress so far., a photo by isisjem22 on Flickr.
I've spent this evening adding the scrappy boarder to the quilt I'm making in the Brit Quilt Swap over on Flickr. I'm not sure the lighting is right, but it does give you an idea of how it's shaping up.  The more I work on it the more I am liking it.


Yesterday, I had the day off from work and sewing too.  My other half made it down for the day. His first visit since coming out of hospital.  He had a good rest when he got here, then we went for lunch at a pub local to Otmoor the nature reserve we went to.  I blogged about a previous visit here.  As a coming-out-of -hospital-treat my other half had bought himself a new camera. A canon DSLR ( I can't remember the exact model.)  When he first handed me the camera I thought I'll never get on with using this as no matter what I did it wouldn't focus and I couldn't understand why.  He just said it was user error, until we realised his condition has caused major problems with his eye sight and as we were using the view finder the focusing ring was vastly different for him than me! Once I had that sorted I managed to take a few decentish pics:


This is a female reed bunting. I took pictures of the males and posted them in the last Otmoor post. Only then they were on the feeders.


Unfortunately this is a tad blurry. I'm not used to the camera or DSLR's in general.  I just missed the adults doing that heart shaped neck thing. But it was only when my other half uploaded the pics that he spotted one of the adults has a hitch hiker.  This is definitely an 'awwww' picture to me.

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is turning out really cute!

    Love your bird shots. The hitch hiking baby swan (cygnet?) is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing quilt! And beautiful swans, too.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is looking great!!!

    I LOVE the swan picture!! I really miss swans and the hitchhiker is just too cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to leave a comment on this the other day, but got distracted. This is such a sweet picture. I love that little hitch hiker :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)