Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Watch the Birdie


I should have had this finished up by now and be working on some fun extra's for my partner. However, since it stopped raining, after a washout here on Bank Holiday Monday, I've been alternating between work and gardening.  This blog could actually turn into a gardening blog if I don't watch about because I'm a little obsessed with it.  cute bird picture blog because, I've just looked up from my lap top to see this out of my living room window.




This was taken with a point and shoot camera, zoomed in so to minimise the leaded lights appearing because it was taken through a window.  Not a particularly clean one either. So it just goes to show you do not need fancy equipment to take nice pictures - just a steady hand and a good eye...and some good luck!  (OK so 'proper' photographers are probably groaning and moaning about the technical bits. But I like it so that's all that's important right?)

Back to the quilt.  This is the back.  I obviously hadn't lined it up with the front when I basted it and didn't notice until I trimmed. Bummer. Do you mind partner? I mean it is the back.  Or should I try and do something about it and if so what?

It's Sew Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts, so I'm off to browse the other entries. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my entry for May. I hope you also like the cute birdies too? And I do welcome any advice re the quilt not lining up after I've QUILTED it!

Fresh Sewing Day

5 comments:

  1. I love your mini quilt. The hot air balloon is gorgeous. It definitely makes me want to join in for the next swap.

    I'm also very jealous of your birdies outside. I only see seagulls or the odd pigeon, which is very boring and not at all cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that wee quilt! Those borders really finish it - it turned out so nicely. And I wouldn't worry about the backing, either, a blind man running for a bus wouldn't notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been brave enough to enter a swap yet - so well done you! I like the asymmetry of your backing fabric - you just need to say that was the look you were trying for (heehee) Love your birds at the window - but then I would with my latest entry into Lynne's Fresh Sewing Day, wouldn't I!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely!!

    The bird photo is quite fantastic too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)