Sunday, 10 July 2011

DQS11 - And so it begins

I've had a fab weekend - if a busy one. Moh took me out to dinner on Friday night to our favourite restaurant.  Regular readers will know what a rarity this is thanks to his job - he did the 4+ hours round trip just to show me his new car and take me to dinner. I'm not sure if he regretted it when he was back at camp just after 3am and had to be on an exercise at 6am... Saturday I got to spend the day at Salcey Forest with a group of bookcrossing girls. It was a day of great books and much laughter and even a 'fake birthday' celebration.

I have made it into round 11 of the Doll Quilt Swap. I have my partner. I've done some stalking and have formulated a plan.  It involves some English Paper Piecing. Here's a sneaky peek.

DQS11 the beginnings

I think I'm going to have to be quite cunning with my sneaky peeks in future. In the last round of DQS my partner 'sparted' my quilt straight away and knew it was for her. The same thing happened in the Brit Quilt Swap. So who thinks my quilt must be for them on the strength of this picture??? ;-)

2 comments:

  1. If that is the sort of patchwork you do by folding the fabric round, tacking and then oversewing together, then that is how I did patchwork in my teens, and for years thought it was the only way!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what you do! I am still not brave enough to do a swap...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)