Monday, 29 August 2011

241 #2

DSC09602

This girl is on a roll!  My mum is not a bag person. She's been known to tote about a plastic carrier bag with her purse in it rather than use a handbag. Almost all the handbags she does own are hand-me-downs.  So when she asked me to make her a bag in the style of my 241 tote I was a little surprised.  She said she liked blue and she was wearing pale blue and grey today.  I showed her the Amy Butler fabric I bought just the other day and some Kona solids that I thought might work with it.  I started to cut out the side panels from the Hope Valley fabric, only to realise after I'd cut one, I didn't have enough for two. Actually after cutting one I thought it wouldn't look very nice for the sides so I said I'd make the slip pocket inside out of it. 

DSC09599

I used some more Hope Valley for the side pockets. I can't remember the names of the specific Hope Valley prints.

DSC09600

I'll get her to model it when it's day light. Until then excuse the indoors photos. I was just eager to share it with you.   I wonder when I'll get sick of making these bags because already I'm thinking I'd like to make more! 

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! The pattern that goes on giving xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'm with your mum though, I never normally 'do' bags (that's what pockets are for ;o) ) but I'm trying to grow into them lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love this fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun when someone truly loves what you've made? How fun that she wanted one too, what you made for her is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hope valley pockets are a great mixer for the AB fabric- love your mix with the grey, great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't that lovely? gor-juss Jan :-)
    I've gotta make this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bag. Love the fabric in the main panel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was fast! It's lovely - I was dreaming about making this bag last night...it kept sprouting legs and running away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Gorgeous fabrics. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Stopping by from the Goodie Swap :-) What a beautiful bag, I love the fabrics!
    Chrisssa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great version Jan - 241 has been a really popular bag, I have only made 1 but feel more coming on.........

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)