Monday, 8 August 2011

I feel like I need a holiday!

Having got back on Saturday feeling exhausted, yesterday was a real struggle and the more I tried to do the worse I got. In the end I had to go to bed with a splitting head ache and just give in :-(  Headache has gone now but I feel like I've been run over by a lorry.

As soon as I am back on track though I have these lovely fabrics to turn into hexies for my hexie quilt.

Charms for my Hexie Quilt

These fabrics came all the way from Canada and Jennifer who blogs at The Enchanted Bobbin.  When Jennifer saw the birds egg fabric I'd be using it reminded her she had some charms left from the same range which is Aviary by 3 Sisters for Moda.  I had never seen the birds egg fabric on the white back ground before.  I'll have fun working these into future hexies - thanks again to Jennifer for taking the trouble to find them out and send them to me.

Tea time Fancies

I found this fabric on ebay. It's more Lakehouse Drygoods - teatime fancies I believe. It is probably one of my favourites from the range. I just had to have some! I think I ordered a whole yard so I am sure there will be some left over for other projects - not just for hexies.

Annie's Farm Stand

This fabric also turned up while I was away. It was an etsy purchase more Holly Holderman for Lakehouse Dry Goods. This time some Annie's Farm Stand and this was one of the first fabrics I had in mind for my Hexie quilt. Coming from the US, I've had to wait a bit longer for it than some of the others. I still think the colours and variety of prints are going to make lovely additions.

But before I hex-a-long, I need to get well and finish off my Doll Quilt for round 11 of DQS.

5 comments:

  1. Aren't people lovely? You've a lovely lot of fabrics there - it's going to be a gorgeous quilt! Hope you're not bleurg feeling for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your headache is gone, hope you feel back to normal soon. Lovely fabrics! Can't wait to see them in your HAL quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of gorgeous fabrics there! You'll enjoy playing with those. Hope you feel better soon! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lakehouse fabric - I have been looking out for that but have not seen any over here - maybe I am looking in the wrong place!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so happy to know that you might have a use for those charm squares! (BTW, my 1st blogiversary is tomorrow and I'm going to do a "raid my stash" giveaway, so I hope you'll pop on over and see if there's anything in my fabric cupboard that appeals to you.)

    I adore the other fabrics you have lined up for your hexie projects. Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)