Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Marvellous Mail & Pay It Forward

You'd think with yesterday's vintage find, I'd done with my quota of fabric related goodies for this week. Not so!  As today when I got home from work the postman had left two parcels on my doorstep. In parcel number one was some pay if it forward goodness: this lovely mini cushion from Reene of Nellies Niceties. Isn't it fab?

P1100201

The fabric is Wonderland by Momo for Moda. This escaped my radar until it was hard to find. As Momo didn't really come to my attention until I was given a Freebird Charm pack for my birthday.

P1100202
Lush isn't it? It's not blurry in real life that's my dodgey photography!

There was also a bag of scraps. 
P1100204
If you'd read this post you'd know I love Heather Ross although I hadn't been that taken with Far Far Away, I had wondered if this was down to never having seen or handled any in real life!  Well, I have to say now I've got some I am greedy for more because they really are lovely! I'd particularly wanted some Princess and the Pea fabric because of the special memories I have of reading this ladybird book. In fact I still have my ladybird book - it was one of a few favourites I kept from my large childhood collection.
P1100207 

So THANK YOU! again Reene for all the thought and love you put into this P-I-F parcel!

Now I have to fulfill my side of the pay it forward deal.

Here's  how it works:
1. I will make a little something for the first 3 people who comment on this post. It will be a surprise and it will arrive when you least expect it.


2. I will have 365 days to do it in. What's the catch? To get a handmade present from me, you have to play too! This means YOU pledge to send a little handmade something to 3 readers of your blog. It doesn't have to be quilty - just handmade.

3. You must have a blog.

4. Once you receive your "little something", you must post about your Pay it Forward on your blog to keep the fun going - be sure to use the Pay It Forward badge.




So I will make for the first three people that comment on this post and say they want to play. Ok? (Keeps fingers crossed people will want to play!)

In the other parcel the postie left today was the scraps I got when Kaelin of The Plaid Scottie had a destash. Why are other people's scraps stashes always better than your own?

P1100206
Oppsy upside down photos alert! This is the green pack. Yes, you spy some FMF ;-)
P1100205
This is the blue - there is an awful lot of fabric in both packs as most of it is folded over or several layers!


So there you go there a marvellous mail day if ever there was one!

10 comments:

  1. Oh lots of lovely goodies there! And what a gorgeous cushion from Reene! Enjoy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the fabric with the hedgehogs- so cute! And the mini pillow is fab! Lovely mail day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll play pay it forward. I did this earlier in the year and only got one person to sign up. I'm just now making the goodie I'm sending her so I'm game for a new one. Lucky you with all that fabric goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`ve just signed up to this yesterday otherwise I would play with you. That cushion is gorgeous and those scraps are delicious...mo sloppy seconds there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're happy with it :) I love that you photographed the fabric with the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't do your PIF, sorry. Still havevone more outstanding to do here. But love your cushion and fabric haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't do your PIF, sorry. Still havevone more outstanding to do here. But love your cushion and fabric haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'll play 'PIF' with you! Happy to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I'm not too late, I'll play PIF with you too! (I think I only counted 2 so far, but my mind isn't very quick today....)

    You really did get some lovely goodness in the mail! Wow! Congrats on your good fortune! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. He he..... I've got that Princess and the Pea book it was also my favourite..... My daughter now has it along with my puss in boots, miffy and lots of Enid Blytons!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)