Thursday, 29 September 2011

Missing Mojo

I really don't know what's been up with me these past few days. I've been all Meh. about virtually everything. I've felt unsociable, stressed for no apparent reason and just generally lacking my mojo. I've committed to a tonne of swaps and some of those are requiring my urgent attention. Like I need to finish this mug rug for the scrappy mug rug swap.

Progress so far

I've done all the hand embroidery now - which means the bolt through Frankies neck and the features for both him and ghost. I just need to baste it together and do the sketching quilting to hold Frankie, the ghost and the mug to the mug rug and then bind it.  Next week  posting starts so I should be good to go.  It has been a challenge making a Halloween inspired mug rug when I have next to no fabric which can pass as Halloween fabric.  So I'm hoping my partner is going to like this. She's pretty talented at this sort of work so I hope it measures up!

This week I have managed to cut out two more 241 totes both destined for presents. One early on next month. I hope to be able to show you that finished very soon. The other one is for a Christmas present so that'll have to remain under wraps for now! 

It is still my intention to make a fair few of my Christmas presents this year so I've been planning and making already. 

I just hope I can snap out of this funk soon. Feeling low is not my default position so the sooner I can start channelling Tigger rather than Eyore the better.

Hope you're enjoying this glorious summer like weather!


15 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon - maybe put some music on and have a dance...I wonder if you're also making so much for other people that you could do with taking some time out to make something just for you or just for fun, or both! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you just need a day or two away from all this crafting - rent a couple of good movies and veg out for a couple of nights, pretend you're taking a break thru choice and really enjoy it. Hope you're more tigger soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, you are most definitely my psychic twin lol!
    Hope you feel better soon my dear x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain on this one Jan. I've been a right miserable cow the last week or so. I hope you soon feel much brighter. Chocolate and good movie has got to be a good place to start :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with finding your mojo. Maybe you need a wee break after Frankie, surf the net, get sucked in by Pinterest, watch a pile of old James Bond movies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes just sitting in the sun with a book is all it takes x
    Mug rug will be a winner for sure x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to create when you don't feel creative. Perhaps take a wee break and let it come back naturally! Sometimes trying to force it makes it worse! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww hope you feel brighter soon and your Mojo comes back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there, hope you feel better soon! I used to up and down like a yoyo so know how you feel and it is horrible! I agree with the others, a wee break from all the creating sounds in order. I find my brain needs a wee break from all the doing and that is when I tend to have my most creative ideas. Not always good ones but still creative!
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design! It simply superb, looking your taste in this design! Love the design.


    Sample Job Descriptions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that it is the heat - I have absolutely no energy at all!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate it when you feel out of sorts and can't figure the reason, usually find something trivial is worrying me.
    Open a nice bottle of wine tonight and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm blah too and I don't know why! I guess it's running through our little community. I took last night off from stitching and will again tonight. Hopefully after a nice dinner out with friends tonight I'll be back in business tomorrow. Hope you find your mojo again - if it's with mine, send it back here please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. take a break from everything over the weekend, it might be just what you need x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it looks great!
    Maybe you just need some chocolate....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)