Monday, 10 October 2011

Catching up part 1.

I know I only blogged last Thursday. Only it feels like six months ago. I have so much to share with you and hope to get some of it done before I nod off!

Friday I had a friend stay over, after we first attended a trivia quiz in the village. We sort of came in the middle. Neither winning or losing. It probably didn't help that one of the rounds we had to complete in the first half of the evening, in between the other rounds and whilst we were eating a plough mans supper.  We sort of mislaid one of the sheets and hadn't filled in many answers by the time we had to pass it on for marking.  It was a fun night though.  In recent history our team has only won when I was sick and didn't attend. Leaving me to think maybe I shouldn't be on the team any more because I am obviously holding them back!

The next day we went off to Towcester to a bookcrossing get together. 

P1100402-ps 
A BookCrossing Display in the Monk and Tipster.

 It's always fun to catch up with the gang.  We had lunch at The Dolphin Cafe. Played a couple of rounds of the book swap game, which is too complicated to explain, as even people that play it all the time get confused about how it works. But basically you come home with books.   In fact it's very hard to go to a bookcrossing meet up and not come back with books. My mount To-Be-Read is getting proportions to rival Everest.   After The Dolphin Cafe we headed to the Monk and Tipster (via a book sale in the Town Hall, where we got a bit distracted from the books by the rogues gallery of Mayor portraits on the wall.) Beqi and I are prone to leading one another astray and there are lots of giggles when we get together.

 At the Monk and Tipster M. (not long back from Australia) showed us how to shotgun a Tim Tam.

P1100406-ps

I took lots of pictures, but I'm not sure everyone wants me posting them on here, so there is just this one which sort of protects the identities of two of the gang lol.  It was a fun day!

Sunday I vegged. I felt like I'd not slept in weeks. I did nothing productive unless you count eating and reading as productive. ;-)

So that's all for now. There is still loads more to share. Hope you all had great weekends!



13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend and yes, I'm sure reading and sleeping are productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks and sounds like you had a great weekend, no wonder you need some R&R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you live? I am only about a 20 minute drive from Towcester via the single tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post has reminded me that I must do some book crossing soon.... I love randomly dispatching my books into the wild

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much to learn apart fro quilting! Bookcrossing, new one on me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit. Now I'm lusting after a Tim Tam with no possibility of getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know what any of that meant, but it looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to let you know that I solved the problem of not being able to comment on other's posts by downloading and using Google Chrome. And I don't think I need to know any more about shotgunning TimTams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what that shotgunning thing is all about, but it still looks fun (!), glad you had a nice time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tim Tams- yum! Rest assured, we don't always eat them so elegantly! But not so sure what book crossing is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shotgunning pic made me smile! I'm an Aussie so I have time tams on tap…my husband however is a Brit so we spend a small fortune on imported jaffa cakes… Dipping your tim tam in a hot drink and then sucking it through is pretty good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are they doing that Tim-tam thing with coke? I thought you were meant to do it with tea... (I heard about that years ago but have never actually tried it) Looks and sounds like you were all having fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha ha ha ha ha someone showed you how to shotgun tim tams.LOL you brits.. Best with milky coffee. turns it into a mocha.... how good is it...

    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)