Sunday, 23 October 2011

Sunday Stitchery

It seems it's either all or nothing with me. Capitalising on yesterday's productivity, I've made two more goodies today. The first was another bag. Again I had my partner in the Goodie Bag Swap in mind, although once again when it was made it some how didn't seem quite right for my partner. Really not sure now.

P1110050

The pattern is Pleated Tote by Rebeka Lambert.  You can get the pattern here.  This bag is a bigger tote than yesterdays. The outside required half a yard of material - however if you want to make handles and internal pockets out of the same fabric you'll need a bit more.  I ended up making the handles thinner so I could keep the specified length and using some other scraps of Echino I had to add in two internal pockets.

P1110052

The pattern has a button and loop closure, I added a magnetic snap as I prefer this kind of closure. I have a feeling I will be making a tonne of bags until I find exactly the right one. In the mean time all this practice is going to take care of a few Christmas presents!!!

Once the bag was sorted I decided to make the goodie for my partner in the Scrappy Swap.  I hope she likes this little pinnie to go with the scraps and a local goodie, which I've decided to keep secret. Suffice to say it's not edible as we don't really have a local edible goodie. 

P1110054

I hope you've all been having a great weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Heh, a girl can never have too many bags ;o) Love the wee pincushion too

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that Echino - that'll make a special present - I spotted that bag pattern from your link last night - very nice! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so great at making bags. I think I am going to come over for a lesson! Love the little scrappy pin cushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all love bags don't we? And I love the wee pincushion, a little hand stitching makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made my first bag recently and I loved it. They are great fun to make. Love your pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're both great! I really like the cushion especially. I was just looking for a bag tute last night, so I'll have to give this one a read. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pincushion is too cute, I love the scrappy look and also the little fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)