Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Taste

Taste in anything is subjective. What one of us loves another hates with a passion.  Much is influenced by the fashion of the time and what our peers are into.


Scrappy Swap

This is the fabric scraps I first pulled for my partner in the Scrappy Swap my partner and I have quite similar likes.  I've tried not to include too much fabric the same as they already have used in other projects. Otherwise I'd be giving them their own scraps?!  There are some I've deliberately included to get a reaction (hopefully from my partner).

Judging by the comments though the general consensus is: the teddy's are to nobodies taste, nor are the cats (never was that keen on the cats myself - they came from a scrap bag I believe and have come in useful at time for projects for cat lovers and for fussy cutting.). The large butterflies aren't that popular either. The mix has been considered too dark for others.  Lots of people seem to love the russian doll fabric top left.  I will go back to my stash and tweak the selection, so to give my partner a good choice between colour and fussy cutting. If you happen to be reading this partner please feel free to tell me what scraps you'd really love.  Then I can get on with the making of the scrappy goody - I already have something in mind.


Present!

Do you like my new bracelet? My brother and his family returned from Florida yesterday and this was a little pressie they bought me back. Useful tin and inside a pretty Fossil bracelet.  Don't you just like a nice unexpected present?

Oh and before I go: do go and check out this blog because this is an old school friend of mine that I've inspired to start her own blog and we all know how hard it can be when you start and nobody seems to be aware you're out there.

10 comments:

  1. Thank goodness we are all different though. I find that I have quite different taste to a lot of people but this doesn`t bother me because as you quite rightly say, taste is influenced by so many things. I`m in your scrappy swap and I`m glad people are being honest about what they like...I`m sure you are going to get some great scraps off to your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep those teddies are horrors!!

    I love Fossil with a passion - if I wore mine all at once, I would not be able to move! That's a beautiful bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won a bunch of strips in a game at my quilt guild once. Many of them weren't cut the right size & there were a bunch of them that I did NOT like at all...but I decided to make a small quilt to put under my cat's basket with them. Used all the ones I thought were awful - and I ended up with a small quilt I really liked! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How boring would the world be if we all liked the same things!! I love the Kaffe and the buttons in your selection best. Am I your partner?? ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, the teddies remind me of pyjamas (not mine!), but I like the blue swirly pattern and the spots in the middle. Thank you so much for making a link to my blog, guess what, I have had two comments already – yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Annabella, I love how people in the swap are telling it like it is for their tastes. And I already told you I hated the teddies, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bear maker but even I say ditch the teddies. And the kitties, and the flutterbys. But I'm sure there are a bunch of little old ladies out there that would love them... :oD

    Love that bracelet :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bracelet!! Good luck with the scrap sorting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Fossil too. I have 3 Fossil watches.
    I agree it would be very boring if we all liked the same thing. I started saying that I liked everything because I was trying to be polite and didn't want to offend, and really at the end of the day it's only scraps not half a yard of Teddy fabric. That would make me cry. Then I realized, by saying I liked everything I would drive my partner nuts trying to work out what I liked so now Im trying to be politely honest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we've all been feeling the pressure with the scrap part of the swap, but now I feel more relaxed about it after seeing everyone's reaction to the thread posted by lethargic lass. I really like your selection, and even though I might not love the teddies, I know my kids would! By the way, just noticed the little mushrooms with faces they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)