Friday, 21 October 2011

Winter Stitching

FairyFace Designs
Most of my lists end up in my head not nailed on paper. Although I did start a list in the sidebar. See down there on the right? Anyway, I think when I'm accountable for something it's a lot easier for me to actually do it. I've lost track of all the good intentions I've had over the last six months - Like the time I signed up for the Across the Sea QAL and did precisely nothing more! Or the time I said I really need to get on top of my curve-a-phobia and er did nothing about it, other than cut out the big wedges for a Lily's Quilts Dresden. See I can be quite hopeless if there's not a reason for me to get cracking. I wasn't going to even sign up for Winter Stitching in case I failed so miserably you all laughed at my wannabe over achiever tendencies. But maybe this is just what I need! So here goes a list of the stuff I want to make right through until Spring. (In no particular order)

1.) Make a goodie for Scrappy Swap. I'm thinking scrappy log cabin pincushion?

2.) Make a bag for the Goodie Bag Swap

3.) Make a cushion for the Brit Pillow Fight Swap

4.) Try some basic foundation paper piecing so I can master it well enough to do this lovely lovely pattern designed by Kerry.

5.) Make some of these yummy organiser baskets as per Ayumi's fab tutorial

6.) Make at least another 50 hexies for my Hex-A-Long Quilt which has been badly neglected.

7.) Make at least two more 2-4-1 totes for Christmas presents.

8.) Make some flannel/voile scarves for Christmas presents.

9.) Make pincushions, mug rugs, fabric baskets and other small handmade gifts for Christmas presents

10.) Practice some FMQ as per the Friday FMQing thing that I said I'd get involved with and then haven't done so far!

11.) Finish the table runner/cushion cover out of the Petit Poulet charm pack.

12.) Make another cushion cover or two for me!

13.)Quilt and Bind my Spring Greens Quilt.


String greens

14.) Do some embroidery - maybe a decorative hoop or add more embellishment to other items

15.) Try out some bag patterns that aren't 2-4-1 totes!

Ok, that's quite enough to be going on with me thinks! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Yup, that's quite a list - good luck! We'll all have our heads down this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! There are enough of us to nag each other for the next 4 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, number 10!
    I'm with H - we're going to be stitching like mad and checking up on one another. It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problems with getting on with things.. My Lily's Quilts Dresden is still lying half finished somewhere! Good Luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I kept my list short when I look at everyone else's. Your list scares me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you get to tick some stuff off your list - it's very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your list is great - lots on there! Can't wait to see how you go with them, thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Can't wait to see some of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)