Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Fresh Sewing Day: October

Doesn't time fly? It's already Fresh Sewing Day again! At first I thought - Oh no I've done hardly anything in October. Then I went and looked at my flickr stream and realised I'd actually done all this! Not so shabby I'd say!


Fresh Sewing Day - October

Lots of bags, some swap related items and a lovely fabric basket as per the pink penguin tute. I definitely see more of these in my future!

Unfortunately I'm not very well at the moment. I have a respiratory tract infection. I'm also trying to look after my mum who has a very bad chest infection. It's a bit of a plague house round here to say the least. As for being creative - I just don't have the energy so am just planning and plotting!

I've also decided that swapping isn't doing it for me any more. Maybe I have swap fatigue. There has always been horror stories about people not meeting the swap requirements, but until recently I'd only ever had lovely partners send to me and even when I'd had quiet as church mice partners to make for, they'd always done what was required of them.  Now it seems there is some issue with every swap I join and people just don't seem to be participating like they used to and it's just not so fun. So it's time to channel my energy into something else - for a while at least! I'll let you know when I work out what that something else is lol


Fresh Sewing Day

Do go and check out the other participants in the Fresh Sewing Day over on Lily's Quilts. There is also the small bloggers meet up going on there too. Thank you to all those who are stopping by from Lily's Quilts and thank you also to my lovely regulars. Including the new followers I've gained over the last few weeks. Nearly 100! Wow need to start thinking about what to do for a 100 followers giveaway!

14 comments:

  1. You did quite a bit of sewing this month! Everything looks fab, but I especially love that bag around the middle of the right side. Is it a 241 tote? Hope you and your mum start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not shabby at all! Hope you and your mom feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100 - well done!!
    Lovely makes this month and again we are in perfect sync because I'm giving swapping a bit of a rest as well. Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did have a productive month -- and I particularly like the bags you made! I hope you and your mum feel better soon. Congrats on (nearly) 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was pretty productive I'd say! Sorry you and your mum are both feeling crappy, sending wellness vibes your way :o)

    Sorry your swapping isn't fun right now - I'm taking a break from 'making things' swaps until after Christmas at least now (as I can't resist a good fabric swap ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are ill and hope you are better soon. Love your makes and hope you have a great swapless November! Congrats on 100 followers. Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope this finds you feeling a bit better.You have made a lot of super stuff this month, I am going to start thinking of you as a bag lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, check out all your october sewing! I really must try the pink penguin tutorial too. I am a bit disheartened with my current swap partner - the swap is fantastic, with lots of lovely people leaving great comments, but my partner has not participated at all: I feel like I am wasting my time on what I am doing, because it is done and she hasn't got involved at all! Sorry to hear you and your mum are not feeling well - sending some hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did get quite a number of things done in October!
    Just so you know, I bought a 241 bag pattern & it is all your fault!! Cross your fingers for me, as I am so NOT a bag maker....

    Hope you & your Mum are feeling better as soon as possible. Healing thoughts winging their way to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made some marvellous things this month - sorry that you're not enjoying swaps at the moment but maybe it's time to make things you can keep rather than post off to a distant land...hope you and your mum feel better soon - take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep 'em peeled Jan, I believe there may be something to cure your fatigue in the new year!

    Great October - hope you and your mum feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely mosaic!
    Am so sorry to hear you are not feeling too well.. take plenty of fluids, DOCTORS ORDERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a productive month! I know exactly how you feel about swaps, I'm taking a break from them too. Luckily, the last one I participated in was the first Brit Quilt swap which was fab, so I finished on a high, but I've had some very non-communicative partners in past swaps which really takes the fun out of it. I'm curious to see what Hadley's got up her sleeve though! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you know we have discussed the swap thing. I think you are right to take a break. Sometimes you just need a breather so you can see things from a new angle. Hope Hadley and her sleeve have something good for the new year. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)