Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Jealous?

There has been a few items of post I've been waiting expectantly for (some fabric I had on order from the US, my pouch in the Pretty Little Pouch Swap and my prize in this draw.) Well, today two of them turned up: Firstly this fabric arrived

P1110205-ps

All these are are half yard cuts that were on sale over at Fabricpalooza on of my fav' US etsy fabric shops. always great service, fabulously wrapped fabric in tissue paper tied with a strip of fabric. I particularily wanted the Hope Valley as I was missing these colours. I had originally purchased some of the pink/grey combo of this fabric and having not been able to buy the other colours I cut into it. Then there seemed to be quite a lot of HV around after all so I decided I wanted to snap it up before it becomes inflated in price. I bought a green bundle of FQ but many of the blues/blacks prooved too elusive until I saw this sale.  I snapped up the others  to add to my stash. It's not shameless hoarding as I want to use the HV to make a colour brick quilt.

Then there was a box and inside was my pouch in the Pretty Little Pouch Swap.  I was really willing this one to be mine. Don't get me wrong there were a huge amount of pouches I would have dearly loved. But this one seemed to have my name on it. I think when the pictures first started appearing in the group I favourited 4 straight off!  I shouldn't admit this and I know you lot won't tell a soul. I have been one of the last to receive and every time I'd looked in the group I'd check that nobody had posted pictures of receiving this pouch.  You can see why!


P1110206-ps

This pouch has been made by Kelsey of Kelsey Creates. she did the most lovely embroidery of one of the Heather Ross mermaids. Despite having done a lot of embroidery I'm not sure what the stitch she's used for the mermaid tail is; it makes a fab scaley look to the tail body.  The pouch has some adorable bits of Mendocino (I've mentioned before this is my favourite fabric right?) inset in the sides and for tabs either end of the pouch. More Mendocino lines it.

P1110207-ps

Inside the pouch was this adorable little elephant made from elephant fabric. How cute is this pinnie? Although I confess I may not be able to stick pins in something so lovely! He'll just have to come and keep me company as I sew.  

P1110211-ps

There was also some lovely Mendocino scraps in the pouch too. This is everything all laid out. Pouch, scraps and the lovely elephant pinnie.

P1110212-ps

Now whilst this pouch would make a fab' travel toilet bag, I can't bear the thought that something might get spilt on this loveliness. I think it would make a great storage pouch for embroidery threads! So that's what I'll use it for; for now at least.

So I did really well in a swap again! Although when ever I receive something wonderful in swap I feel a bit down that I didn't manage to make something so wonderful for my partner. I think when I get back into swapping again I really need to lift my game.  :-s

19 comments:

  1. Uh, yeah, just a little green! I've been admiring that pouch for ages, you are so lucky! As for ellie, seriously cute, I don't think I could voodoo him either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! ^_^

    Kelsey

    PS. The tail is just a small chain stitch, without too much slack in the loop.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have picked this out for you!! Lucky duck!! I was just thinking it was too nice to use for anything hearty, as well - threads sound about perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fab pouch, so beautifully crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally jealous, didn't you do well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't even have to ask did you? That is one awesome swap package!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy fabrics and goodies! Esp. love the elephant. Enjoy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a fab pouch! Definitely has your name all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great pouch, that mermaid is so clever. And what a cute elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that embroidery! So skillfully done, with a zip in between! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I would say you received about the most perfect pouch. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um Yes? I love the bright yellow fabric and the pouch is super duper cute! I have to say, though, the elephant totally takes the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing pouch and I love that embroidered mermaid! Will have to check out Fabricpoooloza just before the fabric diet starts and what is this about raising your game? You make lovely makes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jealous? Me? Umm...yes!! The pouch is fabulous and perfect for keeping threads in! Love the little elephant too - would he like to come and live with us?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I thought this pouch might be heading to you! It's gorgeous. Think I might have favourited it more than once too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! what a beautiful job she did on the pouch and with her choice for you. Have loads of fun admiring it and the cute elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The embroidery on that is unbelievable! And I always feel like I need to up my game too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, Darcy the embroidery is amazing! Btw did you know you're set up as a No reply blogger so I can't respond to your comments personally?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SOOO jealous I totally am going to have to steal this idea and make myself something... I wish I saw this before my last road trip- it would have been the perfect car project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)