Saturday, 12 November 2011

Plan of Action

It was only when I reflected on my Winter Stitching list that I realised two things. 1) I omitted to figure in my pay it forward parcels. (Fear not I have not forgotten all about my commitments.)  2) I seem to be planning on making more gifts than I actually have people to give to. I suppose if I was the super organised type I could make everything and that would have birthday's sorted for the next year too. I am not the super organised type though and so I've decided that it would be far better to make just what I need and leave other making plans until a more appropriate time.

With that in mind I've written a proper list with some ideas for which presents should be made for each person and today I've spent some time making some infinity or circle scarves. Voile one side, Flannel the other. A continuous loop that you can wrap around your neck several times depending on how you want to wear it.

P1110120

They just need the ends sewn together and they're good to go. The one on the top is for me. I feel in the interests of quality control it's only fair that I keep the first one ;-) The others are ear marked for various friends and family. I have enough voile and flannel to make a few more. My only snag is the voile doesn't compliment the flannel I have so I need to source either different flannel or voile to add to the pile. 

It feels good to be getting sorted though. 

13 comments:

  1. WOW! The circle scarves look luscious! And the contrast between voile and flannel is great! Lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what it must be to be organised!! The scarves look lovely, and of course you must carry out consumer testing and keep one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scarves are fabulous...*adds to her to do list*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those scarves! Lush fabrics. And what great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so pretty :) I wish I'd got some more flannel to make a few of these. I just made one as a gift but used a patterned silk fabric with the flannel. It was not nice to work with, lol.
    I couldn't face trying to stitch the silk together so ended up putting one end of the tube inside the other and closed it with a simple seam using a decorative machine stitch to cover the fabric edge.
    You lose some of the fluidity of the tube but it worked quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely! Anna Maria Horner's line is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the scarves, great fabric. Such a shame you have to go shopping for more though... ;o) Chuckling at the stitching list though, mine keeps growing o.O

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Everyone will love those gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great and I bet they're wonderful to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness they're spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan, have you got a pattern or dmensions for your scarves? I would dearly love to make one (or a few!)coz they are utterly gorgeous but haven't the brains to figure it out. Pleeeease?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice idea! The scarves are beautiful.
    I have a few people on my list that I've been trying to think of what to make for them & I think you've just shown me the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)