Saturday, 10 December 2011

Advent 10: Agonising

I got the bag made last night. It's sat wrapped up in a gift bag, waiting for me to exchange pressies with the recipient soon.  I can't show you a picture though in case the person stops by my blog and works out it's for them.  There is something very satisfying about finishing something. Especially when time is of the essence.

I've been agonising about something over the last few days. Well ever since the tickets for the FQ Retreat went on sale. I was one of the people that yelled around all over blog land how us Brit Quilters need something in the UK to rival the sewing summit. So I was over the moon when I discovered the funsters at Fat Quarterly had organised a retreat in London. I was whooping and dancing all over the place. Then I read another comment on the blog that announced it, that it was the Jubilee weekend and I felt kind of deflated, because bank holiday weekends are really hard for me to commit too. Still I thought it will be a while before I have to make a decision. And then  this week the tickets went on sale. Accommodation will get snapped up, as Jubilee weekend in London is likely to be very busy! If I don't book a room now (which means finding a roomie super quickly) then I could miss out on being able to go - should I be able to go.

So now I'm agonising. I can already imagine how disappointing it's going to be if I don't go, as the world and her sewing pet is shouting about the retreat already. It's going to have more build up in this little corner of blog land than the 2012 Olympics have had any where.


The other thing I'm agonising over is whether I can get my Mum a little hand made something whipped up. In my frenzy to have a mainly handmade Christmas I completely forgot about dear old Mum.  Any suggestions gratefully received.

Festive light

And because I don't like blogging without a picture here is the tea lighter I was given for Christmas last year looking all festive. It's about the only festive decor I have up so far...

11 comments:

  1. Oh you must go! Or at least set the plans in place! If it lives up to its build up you could probably flog your ticket if work commitments prevailed! I even know someone from Australia who's going! Does your Mum use an outside washing line? I make cute little peg aprons which are really special! I could send you my 'directions' if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right someone who reads you must want to go and needs a roommate. Come on folks, you don't want to miss this weekend and you really do need to book your hotel rooms now. So please someone share with Jan so that we can ALL be there. (Trying my best here!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine what would get in the way of you attending but surely this event should have priority. And I agree with comment one - if in the end you really can't go you'll probably be able to sell your ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find a way round the FQ retreat dilemma and that you get to go - you'll have a great time! Does your mum bake or cook? How about a pinny?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know, I am in a similar position with hoping to get there, but just not sure at the moment! I am lucky as I only live 40 mins from London on the train, so don't have to worry about the accomodation, just whether I can get there or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really want to go too but am hesitating - mostly because it's Christmas and I can't really afford the expense at the mo. Luckily, I also live close enough to be able to get away with a day pass so I'm hoping that I will be able to persuade hubby. I just hope it won't all be sold out by the time I make my decision...

    ReplyDelete
  7. *the world and her sewing pet goes into the corner whimpering with her tail between her legs* I promise to shut up as I hope you get it sorted - of course we need you there!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going but haven't sorted out accommodation yet though am feeling the pressure to get that sorted and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reserve a fully cancellable(?) room like I have - just in case!

    Oh would be lovely to meet you xxx

    Mum - cushion?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've had some good advice about booking with a cancellation option, sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's a tough decision over the meet. I'm aiming to stay at my aunt and uncle's, because although I'd love to stay in a hotel, I also can't swing it right now (and I'm hoping there will still be tickets in 2 weeks when my Christmas bonus comes in!) Hope something happens to help make the decision easier!

    As for your mum, mine, apparently, loves handbags (never knew this before) but she's loving all the ones I hand over (she's like my best walking advert lol) so maybe a new bag?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)