Saturday, 17 December 2011

Advent 17: It's up.

I'm a bit behind on answering emails and comments. I will get round to them it's just today a big chunk of my free time has been spent putting up the tree.  My niece came round to help. She loves getting all the decorations out (more quickly than we can cope with putting them on the tree.) In the end I told her to be in charge of hanging and I'd be in charge of unpacking. We've gone for a red, gold and white tree. Of course there are a couple of favourite decorations that don't quite fit the theme. I tend to put certain special ones on the tree year after year.

  Very old reindeer decoration
Like this reindeer which we think we've had since my brother was little.

Greetings from Arizona Decoration
Or this brass road runner sending 'Greetings From Arizona' a gift from a dear friend living in Arizona.

Russian Decorated egg
Definitely not red and gold. This hand decorated painted egg is a Russian decoration I bought locally some years ago.

Wooden tree
I bought this at Westonbirt Arboretum a few years ago. I don't think it's meant to be a tree dec' but I thought it would make a great one.

American House
A close friend bought me this painted wooden house back from one of her trips to the US. I like to leave the label on that explains about it.

Felt Horses
I've got a set of these felt horses. They were given me by my late godmother and made by an elderly lady that lived nearby her.

Muffy the Snow Bear
In my teens I had a bit of a bear collection. A family friend bought me Muffy the Snow Bear.

I've just realised I didn't take any pictures of  the whole tree decorated. It was very bright and sunny earlier and had the tendency to wash out the photos.  I will get some to share with you all.

Now the tree's up it's beginning to feel A LOT like Christmas. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Well I'm most partial to the snowbear, but I would say that ;o) Can't wait to see it all together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have got right in the Christmas spirit now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your different ornaments. As you know, I like a tree with a little history and lots of memories. Glad you are in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)