Sunday, 18 December 2011

Advent 18: 'Bob'

Chief managed to get down today. He took Mum and I out for a pre Christmas lunch and dropped off some presents (which I will not be opening until we have our Christmas - after Christmas.)  Last night he informed me he'd bought me a second Christmas card because he'd seen another one that he liked even more - only he thought it was a bit cheeky so his plan was to give me a 'nice' one and cheeky one.

Just before bed I had another phone call from Chief ringing to tell me what my card said. He felt the need to tell me because I would not be getting the card now. He'd since discovered it said in big letters on the front - 'Boyfriend'. He has no idea how he missed this in the shop or what on earth the girl in the shop thought when he bought a card for his girlfriend and one for his boyfriend!!!!

I said he had to still send it to me and maybe he could tippex it out. So today I got my proper card and I got a card marked 'Bob'

Bob
The eagle eyed might just make out 'Bob' written on the card.

Me and my 'Bobfriend' card
He'd removed the 'Y' in Boy and changed it to a 'B'

To my 'Bobfriend'.  Which references episodes of Black Adder and a female character that dresses as a man and is referred to as 'Bob'

Hope you've all had lovely weekends!

13 comments:

  1. lol :) That's the sort of thing that would happen to me :) Merry Christmas Bob! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that! Our cat is called Bob after the same episode!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! My MIL recently sent a wedding card and didn't notice that there were 2 brides in the picture on the front rather than a bride and groom! The happy couple thought she was suggesting that the groom wasn't very masculine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee hee, excellent! (And chuckling at Fiona's MIL too :oD )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny - wish I had been the shop assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hysterical!! OMG! Love Black Adder too. The tree looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha, thats so funny! How did he miss that! Great story

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny!
    We love black adder! For some reason we always watch it at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)