Friday, 9 December 2011

Advent 9: No time for Lark-ing about!

I keep reading about all the lovely yummy makes people are slaving over in the run up to Christmas. I am starting to feel guilty because I haven't made anything in what feels like forever.  In fact in this post I showed you a sneaky peek of something I am making as a Christmas present. Here I am a week later and I've still not made it. It's still sat in bits on the ironing board.  Given that I am exchanging presents with the recipient at the weekend (and it's Saturday tomorrow!!!!) I really should be getting on with some sewing.

But before I do go and crack on let me show you what arrived from The Intrepid Thread today.


Lark

Yes, a bundle of Lark FQ's. I think this might be my most favourite of all the ranges Amy Butler has done. It feels really summery to me with a vintage circa.1970's vibe to it. I want to make a quilt large enough to go on my bed. Imagine waking up under these gorgeous prints on a bright sunny day?  I want to go for something simple and bold to show off the bright bold designs. Then maybe I'd do the quilting with some perle. Oh the possibilities. But no I can't get started on this because I have that bag to finish, so I need to stop Larking about and get sewing!

12 comments:

  1. I knew you wouldn`t be able to resist for long - I can`t decide what to do with mine so I`m just stroking it. Beautiful isn`t it and I love the glamor colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine two days ago, isn;t it all packaged up lovely. Love your choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric! Good luck with the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric does look so pretty laid out all together....and I am so trying to resist buying fabric right now. I need to sew something before I can justify more buying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, finally you succumbed!! Julie has such a great store :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your bag is underway - lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh pretty! I'd stash it and just dream about it for 12 months or so (so appears to be my pattern anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!!

    Last year we were moving, and I swore I would make lots of presents this year; this year I am beginning to feel that M&S Vouchers are the gifts from heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, a lot of that going on over here too. About 6 or 7 gifts still to be made as well as that pair of pajama pants cut out two weeks ago and still lounging about...maybe Sunday. Good luck on your bag! Make sure to get a photo of it for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, you are so not alone in this! I even planned on joining in a block-a-day challenge for December in the run-up to Christmas, but 10 days in and guess how many of the 10 blocks I've done? ... yep, you guessed it, a big fat zero! . and that's with the temptation of a giveaway of a Christmas cake at the halfway point for somebody who has managed all 12 blocks at that point! ... if you believe in miracles, check my blog at the weekend to see if I manage a spectacular catch-up in time to enter the cake prize draw! . yeah, don't hold your breath!

    I get the feeling I'm not going to be alone in the New Year setting a resolution to use up some of my fabric stash before I add to it! )* effective after the sales!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - the lark is fab! A special treat for after you finish the bag?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I think my problem with AB fabric, pretty as it is, is that the print is so large, and I want to showcase it, but never want to make enormous things - doh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)