Saturday, 31 December 2011

And a Happy New Year to you All!

News Years Eve

If you'd have asked me a week ago what I'd be doing tonight on New Years Eve (one of my least favourite nights of the year). I'd have probably not been able to give you too much detail. Only it would have involved Chief. I felt certain it would happen this holiday. But alas it was not meant to be. So here I am sat on the sofa, laptop on my knee, Porridge the movie is playing on TV for the millionth time.' I'm resisting the urge (and failing) to keep saying: 'Norman Stanley Fletcher' in that deep voice like in the opening credits; whilst munching on one of the cheese and ham palmiers I made earlier this evening. I've traded in the premixed Snowball for a cup of Yorkshire Gold Tea because some retro drinks, in my opinion, are better left in the past.

I am not one for making resolutions just because it's New Years. I figure if you want to change something you need to start on it when you think of it. Turning over a new leaf just because we embark on a new year is not a recipe for success. In fact in the bleak January and February winter days it's quite easy to let all those good intentions fall by the wayside.  Having said that I have, during my last week of non making, resolved to lift my game creatively. I was quite productive in 2011, but some how the stuff I want to make, in the style I want to make it, is bearing little resemblance to stuff I actually make most of the time.  Maybe it's because I feel so inspired in blog land and I'm still trying to find and define my own style. I do feel that if I can get this sorted I will be a lot happier with my making through out 2012.

So Happy New Year dear friends and readers. I hope you have a lovely evening whatever you are doing and here's to a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2012!

13 comments:

  1. So funny - we are sitting here watching Porridge too & eating home-made sausage rolls. Quite strangely I made those cheesy ham things on Christmas eve - my daughter calls them pinwheels. I have enjoyed reading your blog these last few months and wish you a Happy New Year. Hope you get to Paris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were nearer, I would come and knock on your door and have a cuppa with you! I don't like NYE either. Had tea at my mums and now Beccy and I are going to watch some rubbish tv! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Jan - the palmiers look lovely - I am drinking tea, eating chocolate and the hubs and I have to stay awake only as we promised dear son we would wake him up at 11.50pm!

    Here's to a productive and wonderful 2012 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, those palmiers look yummy... sorry, easily distracted by food ;o)

    Have a great, and productive new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Jan!
    Those palmiers look tastey! I've just finished drinking a lemsip and am about to put on a pretty dress to see the New Year in with a wee glass of wine (and I fancy munching some of those palmiers!) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year Jan! Here's to a wonderful 2012 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you Jan!! Thanks for all the joy and inspiration you bring to us! I'm currently drinking tea, but watching The Marx Bros. on TV. They always make me laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Jan!
    Seeing those palmiers has made me hungry again even though I've recently had some cheese and oatcakes!
    I'm just finishing a glass of cider and am so glad I didn't go to bed a little earler as it sounds like WW3 has broken out - the friendly neighbourhood fireworks of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year Jan!
    We maganed to stay up but I'm not really sure why... I'll just be tired tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We sat and watched Kung Fu Panda 2. The excitement was just about too much! Nah, I like to spend New Years Eve in with my family. Hope 2012 brings you lots of creativity, laughter and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Jan....

    We watched 'The Boat that Rocks' on DVD, and I was in bed for 11pm, but rudely awoken by tonnes of fireworks at midnight!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look lovely! Happy New Year, I hope 2012 is a splendid year for you and that you get to spend some time with Chief soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I read every single one and love hearing what you have to say. I do my best to reply to every comment. Although sometimes that's not possible. :-)